Emergency Child Care First Aid / CPR and AED
Duration: 8 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR Course is a basic one-day course offering an overview of First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills with a focus on childhood injuries and illnesses.
Course is designed for those in the early childhood education industry as well as for parents/caregivers. As a result Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR course is highly recommended for individuals involved in childcare centers and educational institutes or any other organization who deals with children.
It includes the latest First Aid and CPR guidelines.
Most importantly it exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED. Whether you are home or outside the course implementations are extensive.
Red Cross First Aid Instructor with healthcare experience
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps; 100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
3-year certification in Emergency Childcare First Aid, CPR and AED
6 hours of teaching time**
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies – Child and baby
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – Child and baby
- Wound care
- Head, Neck and Spinal Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illness
- Caring for Children
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
- Child Care First Aid (manual from the Canadian Red Cross)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Emergency Child Care First Aid certificate
- Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)
- The student pack which contains:
- 1 CPR Breathing barrier
- 3 Triangular bandages (106 cm x 106 cm x 150 cm)
- 2 Non-woven pads (10 cm x 10 cm)
- 1 Pair of latex free gloves (large)
- 1 Roller gauze bandage (7.5 cm x 3.75 m)