Healthy Youth Relationships
The purpose of Healthy Youth Relationships is to help teens gain the knowledge and skills to develop healthy relationships and prevent dating violence. Animated characters guide participants through the course’s content, interactive games and quizzes.
Who Should Take the Course?
Youth aged 12–17
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of healthy boundaries
- Understand healthy communication skills including assertive communication
- Recognize the warning signs of an unhealthy relationship
- Understand conflict resolution skills
- Understand legal responsibilities around consent
- Develop a Personal Safety Plan
- Promote healthy relationships at school and in the community
The course is presented in five modules:
- Characteristics of a Healthy Relationship
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Unhealthy Relationships and Dating Violence
- Taking a Stand and Making Change
My Safety Plan tool and How to Help A Friend fact sheet as PDF downloads.
Learners complete their own customized Safety Plan. This assignment will not be graded.
An optional short pre-survey and post-survey measure learning and course effectiveness. Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
This short online course is self-paced. On average, the course will take about 90 minutes to complete.