Preventing Disease Transmission
Prevention is key for workplace health and safety.
Protecting the safety of employees is essential to ensure they can work effectively. When workers feel confident that they have the skills and knowledge to keep themselves and others safe, they perform better, and are less likely to require absences from work due to illness.
The Red Cross Preventing Disease Transmission (PDT) online course is designed to help organizations meet public health guidelines, and is suitable to all audiences, including those who work in front-line service delivery, retail, community and social services, and those who work with vulnerable populations.
This course focuses primarily on understanding how infection occurs and how participants can use personal protective equipment and good prevention of disease transmission practices to reduce their risk of infection:
- How infection occurs and how it is spread
- Proper hand washing techniques
- Personal protective equipment – proper use, removal and disposal
Our online course has been developed with the latest in evidence-based science from World Health Organization, Public Health Authority of Canada, and the Center for Evidence Based Practice with whom the International Red Cross/Red Crescent works closely.
Flexible, No-Contact Course Delivery
The online course can be completed in approximately 40 minutes and is delivered through a self-directed, online learning platform.
- Flexible – employees learn at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- Learner-focused – course content is presented in a way that is accessible and useful, and incorporates a variety of interactive learning activities and video to keep students engaged in learning.
- Electronic records of training – employees receive a completion certificate that they can download or print to share with their employer.
The Preventing Disease Transmission course is also available in virtual and in-person formats facilitated by a Red Cross First Aid Instructor and includes live demonstration using teaching aids and PPE. Ask us for details!
- Preventing Disease Transmission Pocket Guide (electronic format)
- Red Cross First Aid App (includes COVID-19 information and resources)
Successful course participants earn three-year certification in Preventing Disease Transmission.
Contact us today for information on how we can help keep your employees safe and your business running!