- With Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy – 6 hours
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills in a team environment for professionals with a duty to respond. Teaches the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy is also be added as additional certifications to this course.
Airway Management is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to create a patent airway, the interventions to maintain it, and the equipment available to carry out these skills. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills required to provide the appropriate interventions, including measuring and inserting the applicable airway adjunct based on the patient’s condition. 3 year certification
Oxygen Therapy is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to correctly identify when it is necessary to administer supplemental oxygen. Participants will learn how to properly and safely handle and assemble the equipment and how to correctly deliver supplemental oxygen through the appropriate delivery device. 3 year certification.
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals.
Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- Three Certifications, One Day.
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
3-year certification in Airway Management and Oxygen Administration.
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- BLS special considerations
- Canadian Red Cross BLS Field Guide
- BLS Field Guide (optional take home manual)
BLS Field Guide is a portable quick-reference guide on BLS skills, airway management, and oxygen therapy. Coil bound on water resistant paper. (56 pages, 11.43 cm x 13.97 cm, 4.5″ x 5.5″)
- Printable version – Basic Life Support