Standard Childcare First Aid CPR-AED
Duration: 16 hours in class . Flexible scheduling options.
Standard Childcare First Aid CPR-AED is a comprehensive two-day course offering lifesaving first aid skills, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills, and injury prevention skills and knowledge, with a focus on childhood injuries and illnesses.
Designed for those in the early childhood education industry or those who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies involving children and babies. Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines and meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial early childhood education and day care worker safety requirements. Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
Red Cross First Aid Instructor or Instructor Trainer
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps; 100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
3 year certification in Standard Child Care First Aid.
8 hours in-class*
*Check local legislation to determine certification level, maintenance, and recertification requirements. www.redcross.ca/firstaidlegislation
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies - child and baby
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – child and baby
- Wound care
- Head, Neck and spinal injuries
- Bone, Muscle and Joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Childhood Illnesses
- Caring for Children
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Child Care First Aid (print and/or eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard Child Care First Aid certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)
- First Aid Student Kit includes:
- 1 CPR Breathing barrier
- 3 Triangular bandages (106 cm x 106 cm x 150 cm)
- 2 Non-woven pads (10 cm x 10 cm)
- 1 Pair of latex free gloves (large)
- 1 Roller gauze bandage (7.5 cm x 3.75 m)