Major Account Solutions (MAS) First Aid and CPR Training
Customized Occupational Health and Safety (OH & S) Solutions for Every Employee, at Every Location
The realities of today’s workplace make it difficult to dedicate the time and resources needed to coordinate and execute a comprehensive, standardized OH&S training program – especially when you have to train employees in multiple locations.
The Canadian Red Cross Major Account Solutions (MAS) program makes it easier to ensure consistent, flexible training for all your employees, and can assist you in supporting a strong health- and safety-oriented workplace culture. Our comprehensive menu of training includes first aid, CPR, Psychological First Aid and OH&S courses.
Our courses incorporate the latest evidence-based scientific research on how to prevent and treat workplace injuries, and support a learner-centric environment for skill acquisition.
Our courses offer:
- Dynamic training techniques including video, media presentations, skills demonstrations, practice sessions, scenarios based on real-life situations, discussions and exercises.
- Highly trained Instructors, many of whom are front-line professionals – firefighters, emergency medical responders, and nurses – who can enhance courses through their own experience and knowledge.
- Better learning experience through hands-on training using CPR mannequins, AED trainers, bandages and splinting materials, tourniquets, auto-injector trainers, inhalers, etc.
- Higher equipment-to-participant ratios which enable participants more time to practice skills.
- User-friendly full-colour manuals with photos, charts and lists developed with feedback from past participants and Instructors. Digital reference manuals also available.
- An online Comprehensive Guide for First Aid & CPR with more in-depth information for those employees wishing more information on any topic.
- A variety of delivery formats involving online and blended approaches to learning.
Features and Benefits
|Leverage Economies of Scale|
|Centralized Record Keeping|
|MAS Online Portal|
|Course Delivery and Materials|
Regulatory requirements for first aid training
Having employees trained in first aid in your workplace is a legal requirement across Canada. Most workplaces fall under provincial workplace health and safety legislation while companies federally incorporated fall under the Canada Labour Code.
Please click here to access links to local legislation for more information. While legislation outlines the minimum requirements, when deciding on the number of employees to be trained always take into consideration employee availability as dictated by factors such as shifts, vacation time, sick leave, or meetings off-site. As a general rule, for every one person mandated by regulations, a company should train three. While having 100 per cent of employees trained in first aid is ideal, a good corporate objective is to achieve and maintain 25 per cent coverage.
Online shop for workplace first aid products
To support training, Red Cross offers MAS clients access to an online portal to purchase hundreds of different health and safety products at preferred pricing.
- All workplace first aid kits and refills meet or exceed federal and provincial regulations
- Red Cross brand will be highly visible connecting first aid product to training in the workplace
- Quick delivery (shipped within 48 hours of receipt of order)
- Track purchases online (potential to approve orders placed by employees) with special administrator access
How to find the right first aid kit
Click here to answer a few short questions and we’ll help you determine which first aid kits are right for your workplace.
- First Aid Health and Safety Legislation
- Major Account Solutions information sheet
- Workplace and Corporate First Aid Courses
- First Aid Tips and Resources
- Shop Alpha Life Trainers
- Online Learning - Choose Alpha Life Trainers through Red Cross online learning for flexibility, quality, and convenience
Major Account Solutions Contact
For more information on the Canadian Red Cross Major Account Solutions program, please contact: