Standard First Aid Certification
March 18 @ 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM$125
Standard First Aid & CPR: 13–14 hours teaching time. Flexible scheduling options.
Blended Standard First Aid: 8 hours online learning, 5.5 - 7.5 hours teaching time
Standard First Aid/ CPR and AED is a comprehensive two-day course offering First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
Standard First Aid/ CPR and AED course includes the latest First Aid and CPR guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. It also exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps; 100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level A, C and AED
Standard First Aid: 6.5–7.5 hours; includes CPR Level A or C and AED; adheres to local legislation
Blended Standard First Aid: 4 hours online learning, 3-4 hours teaching time.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- First Aid & CPR (E-Book)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (E-Book)
- Standard First Aid CPR A/C – Online (Blended only)
- Standard First Aid certificate (Digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- First Aid Student Kit includes:
- 1 CPR Breathing barrier
- 3 Triangular bandages (106 cm x 106 cm x 150 cm)
- 2 Non-woven pads (10 cm x 10 cm)
- 1 Pair of latex free gloves
- 1 Roller gauze bandage (7.5 cm x 3.75 m)