CPR & AED
Duration: Level A: 4 hours, Level C: 5 hours, Level HCP: 6 hours
Blended CPR A: 3 hours online learning, 2 hours teaching time; Blended CPR C: 3 hours online learning, 3 hours teaching time
CPR & AED stand for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillator respectively.
This CPR and AED Course provides the skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies and choking for adults, children, and babies depending on the level of CPR chosen.
All include training in the use of an AED.
Certificate Course in CPR & AED offers training suitable for workplace or general interest.
Includes the latest CPR guidelines.
Red Cross First Aid/CPR Instructor or Instructor Trainer
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps.
100% attendance and participation.
75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation.
and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
3-year certification in CPR (Level A, C, or HCP) and AED
Level A: Not available
Level C : 3.5 hours
Level HCP: 5 hours
Blended CPR Level C: 2 hours online learning and 2.5 hours teaching time
- The First Aider’s role
- Check, Call, Care
- H.A.IN.E.S. recovery position
- Choking— adult
- Assisting with medications
- Angina and heart attack
- Deadly bleeding
- Level A content
- Choking — child and baby
- CPR — child and baby
- Level C content
- Jaw thrust
- Pulse check
- Rescue breathing—adult, child, and baby
- BVM—adult, child, and baby
- Two-rescuer CPR—adult, child, baby
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
- CPR (manual from the Canadian Red Cross)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- HCP Participant Content Download (HCP level only)
- CPR – Online access via PIN (Blended only)
- CPR certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- CPR and AED Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate
- The student pack which contains:
- 1 CPR Breathing barrier
- 2 Triangular bandages (106cm x 106cm x 150cm)
- 2 Non-woven pads (10cm x 10cm)
- 1 Pair of latex free gloves (large)
- 1 Roller gauze bandage (7.5cm x 3.75m)