Emergency First Aid / CPR and AED
Duration: 8 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
Blended Emergency First Aid & CPR: 4 hours online learning*, 3.5-4.5 hours in-class.
*Online learning time will vary depending on the learner
Emergency First Aid CPR and AED is a basic one-day course offering an overview of First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills for the workplace or home.
Learn for your knowledge or complete the requirement for most jobs. It also adds a skill to your resume.
It includes the latest First Aid and CPR guidelines. Meets OHS regulations for Basic First Aid.
As a result it exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
Red Cross First Aid Instructor with Healthcare background
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps; 100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
3-year certification in Emergency First Aid & CPR Level A and C
Where provincial/territorial legislation allows; 4-5 hours; for Emergency First Aid & CPR Level A or C. Blended Emergency First Aid & CPR: 4 hours online learning, 3-4 hours teaching time.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- First Aid & CPR (manual from the Canadian Red Cross)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Emergency First Aid CPR – Online access via PIN (Blended only)
- Emergency First Aid certificate
- First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)
- First Aid Student Kit includes:
- 1 CPR Breathing barrier
- 3 Triangular bandages (106 cm x 106 cm x 150 cm)
- 2 Non-woven pads (10 cm x 10 cm)
- 1 Pair of latex - free gloves
- 1 Roller gauze bandage (7.5 cm x 3.75 m)