Baby Sitting Course - Aug 22 2020
The Babysitting course, refreshed and revised, now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviors to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
Ages 11 to 15
- First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Glove removal
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child/baby/alone)
- CPR (baby/child)
- Asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer)
- Anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen)
- Insect stings
- Wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleed, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Reference text with embedded critical thinking activities that will reinforce content
Baby Sitting Course Duration: 6 to 8 hours.
Flexible scheduling options at various locations and we can arrange the course at a location convenient to you.
Check other courses offered by Alpha Life Trainers